Selamat Datang, welcome to Bali.
Embarking on a Travel Teacher expedition in Bali is a chance for anyone with a interest in education for sustainable development, cultural immersion, entrepreneurial skills, and local community impact close to nature in the area of the ocean and the jungle on a stunning island. People who seek opportunities to break out of their comfort zones away from work or study conditions to refresh, update and enhance knowledge.
Indonesia is an archipelagic country located in Southeast Asia. Based on the Island of Bali, our expedition will bring you closer to nature and provide a safe and tranquil environment for you to enjoy and thrive on. The island boasts one of the most diverse and innovative performing arts cultures in the world and is renowned for its traditional and modern dance, sculpture, painting, leather, metalworking and music. The Balinese people and the unique centuries old culture make this island one of the most fascinating places. Balinese take pride in their culture and appearance and without the friendly Balinese, the island would not be complete.
A wonderful experience, I have made lifelong friends and have visited some amazing places.
Activities and other information
Your journey with Travel Teacher in Bali will provide you with a distinctive cultural experience. You will gain a rich understanding of the culture and increase your environmental awareness through an experiential action based programme.
Your eyes will be opened to the ethical ways to travel in the world. This means being switched on to our impact on the landscapes and seascapes we visit. During your trip, you will be able to fall asleep to the natural sounds of the jungle in a room made from 100% bamboo, have a swim in the natural spring pool by the Ayung River on your doorstep, and walk around permaculture gardens to learn about the different herbs, plants, vegetables and fruit that are grown and consumed sustainably, as well as exploring to your heart's content.
- Visit the beautiful bamboo structures of Green School and Green Village, swim in the beautiful Ayung River and walk on paths through the jungle.
- Discover the brilliant coastline of East Bali and go snorkelling at Labuan Amuk.
- Explore the island by bike with a Bali Eco & Educational Cycling Tour, to the highest point on the island with stunning views.
- Learn about the island’s history, culture and traditions with a local expert led activity in the traditional Bali Aga village of Tengananan.
- Experience the Indigenous Trunyan village located on the isolated eastern shore of the Lake Batur, at the foot of Mount Abang and hear about the unique customs of the Trunyanese.