Bula and welcome to Fiji!
Set your internal clock to ‘Fiji time’: exploring the archipelago’s exquisite beaches, undersea marvels, lush interiors and fascinating culture shouldn’t be rushed.
Working with indigenous Fijian communities, we provide the opportunity to become fully immersed in the lives and colourful culture of Fiji's friendly, welcoming people.
During my time in Fiji I felt like I have grown as a person, It has really taken me out of my comfort zone.
Activities and other information
You will experience the communal harmony among locals, strong religious beliefs and the traditional customs and values associated with living in a local Fijian village. By the end of your expedition you will of developed a great, first hand understanding of Fijian life through undertaking local practices and engaging with 'real' people at the heart of the community.
The island of Viti Levu, where our programme is based, is great for exploring. There will be opportunities for trekking in the dramatic highland interior, remote villages, and cascading waterfalls, as well visiting the picture perfect Mamanuca islands.
We will ensure that your expedition will be an unforgettable journey filled with exceptional experiences, local encounters and life-long memories.
- Go trekking through the islands luscious interior and cool off with an exhilarating shower at Biausevu waterfall.
- Explore underwater worlds and coral reefs with snorkelling and boat trips.
- Visit a local eco park and see some of Fiji’s rarest and most endangered wildlife.
- Take a healing mud bath at the Sabeto Hot Water Springs.
- Spend a day at Yanuca Island, a real deserted paradise offering crystal clear waters and
soft sandy beaches.
- Head out to the capital, Suva City and learn about the history of the islands, visit botanical gardens and stock up on souvenirs and gifts in the city markets.
- Get involved with cultural activities and displays.
Meals (Breakfast & Dinner)
Travel Teacher T-shirt
Access to online members area
What's not included?
Flights & Insurance
Stories from Fiji
Greg Ferris – My Journey to Fiji with Travel Teacher3rd December 2018
Greg Ferris - My Journey to Fiji with Travel Teacher Embarking on an expedition to Fiji with Travel Teacher has been one of my biggest life learning experiences to date. From the start of the expedition, Travel Teacher provided personal, deep, meaningful travel to immerse the group of volunteers into the education, the everyday life and culture of the Fijians ...