Jambo, welcome to Kenya!
Within its boundaries, Kenya packs in high mountains, dry deserts, beautiful beaches, and stunning coral reefs. Nevertheless, it is still a developing country and thus has a need for specialist human resource.
Kenya is a culturally diverse nation made up of different tribal groups, each with distinct languages, dress, music, and food. Visitors are sure to find the people of Kenya are kind and generous, and after serving here, Kenya will definitely occupy a special place in your heart.
Travel Teacher provides a completely immersive experience that was unparalleled in its authenticity.
Activities and other information
Joining an expedition in Kenya is a perfect way to immerse yourself in the culture of the Kenyan people and interact closely with the local community. It'll also be an opportunity to see the big five - no trip to Africa would be complete without going on Safari!
The country's diversity and beauty offers you so much opportunity to explore and get a true taste of Africa away from the well-trodden tourist trails. You will veer off the beaten track to search out a tantalizing mixture of rare wildlife and picturesque scenery against the impressive backdrop of Nairobi, the only city in the world to have a national park within its boundaries.
Expect to live and work as part of a community, you will develop close friendships and make a real difference in the developing world.
- Enjoy wonderful views of the city of Nairobi and The Great Rift Valley while Hiking The Ngong Hills.
- Visit the Bomas of Kenya and experience a wonderful mixture of diversity and culture that make up this fascinating country.
- Journey ‘into the wild’ on a safari expedition to Nairobi National Park.
- Meet the locals and travelers alike at Nairobi's roaming Maasai Market.
- Come face to trunk with African Elephants as you visit a nearby Orphanage and animal sanctuary.
- Get an added taste of Kenyan wildlife and culture on a guided visit to a local Giraffe Center to learn more about one of the world's most popular animals
before heading to a traditional bead workshop.
Travel Teacher T-shirt
Access to online members area
What's not included?
Flights & Insurance
Stories from Kenya
Hekima Place – Investing in girls and communities2nd December 2018
Hekima Place - Investing in girls and communities Hekima Place Inc. is located at Corner Baridi in Kiserian, Kajiado County.Incorporated in 2005 as a US 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, it also registered as a trust in Kenya the same year. The program began with just 10 girls in a rented facility in Karen, headed by Founding Director, Kate Fletcher. Since 2005, ...
Getting to know our partners from Hekima Place in Kenya27th November 2018
Getting to know our partners from Hekima Place in Kenya My name is Jenny Mushiringani Monjero and I am the Executive Director of Hekima Place, a children's home for orphaned and vulnerable girls in Kenya. My journey to Hekima started in 2014 when I undertook my very first trip to Kenya. As the plane touched down at Jomo Kenyetta International ...