Fiji For Families
Volunteering in Fiji with your family on a meaningful holiday is a unique way to enjoy time with your nearest and dearest, while sharing rewarding experiences, stepping of the beaten track and exploring new places and making a sustainable impact in local communities. This is the perfect opportunity for you and your family to immerse yourself deep within local culture, learn new skills and make life long memories.
At a glance
- Available all year round
- Projects based in and around the village of Namatakula, Fiji
- Home stay accommodation with Travel Teachers local team
- Program fees include airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support
- Travel Fiji expedition tailored to meet families interests
Volunteer Travel For Families
Travel Teacher have carefully selected the following project for families wishing to volunteer abroad:
- Experience life in a remote village in Fiji
- See through the eyes of local people
- Volunteer in a local school and support the community
- Embark on an life changing adventure travel expedition with our local experts
- Tailored to meet the needs of the family
- Choose to join groups of families
Make your family holiday really count. Fiji for families allows you to contribute to our critical project initiatives in The South Pacific, make an impact in the local community and volunteer in a local school while spending quality time with your nearest and dearest.
Embarking on a volunteer expedition with your family provides you with the ideal opportunity to reconnect with your love ones. No television, no late nights at the office, just you, your nearest and dearest and the opportunity to spend quality time together in paradise.
Education for Children
Your children will have the opportunity to learn key intercultural skills required for a developing world. Intercultural communication skills allow young people to share information and communicate with people from different cultures and social groups. Your children will develop an understanding of different ways of life including values and tradition, and will develop a willingness to accept differences and adapt to them.
By living in a remote village your children will develop an awareness of the wider world and will have a sense of their role as a global citizen. Children will learn to respect and value diversity and display a willingness to act to make the world a more equitable and sustainable place.
Children will be encourage to take responsibility for their own actions whilst developing a feeling of ethical responsibility to others around the globe.
- 24/7 in country support
- All necessary project equipment and materials
- All necessary project training by experienced staff
- Deals on flights and insurance
- Travel Teacher T-shirt
- Online volunteer training
- Full induction prior to your experience
- In country welcome meeting and location orientation
- Accommodation (Full board - 3 meals per day)
- Airport Transfers
- Country expedition inclusive of fees and transport (You may choose to select a bespoke option to meet your families needs and interests and we will tailor a trip for you)
- Travel Teacher Alumni membership
- The opportunity to become a Travel Teacher ambassador
What's not included?
- Flights and insurance
- Criminal background check (if required)
- Visas (if applicable)
- Spending money
Our team of field experts will plan and manage your local trip itinerary during your stay in Fiji. You will have the option of selecting our full expedition itinerary (which is recommended or simply selecting activities which you an your family prefer. Please note that all activities adhere to Travel Teachers philosophy of ethical, responsible and local travel. View sample itinerary (based on a 2 week project)
Please note due to the varying group dynamics of different families (for example the number of children and ages of children), each application is dealt with on a case-by-case basis, providing you with an individualised program tailored to meet your families needs. Please complete the enquiry form below to allow us to tailor an expedition to suit you, we aim to respond to your enquiry within 24hrs. All our programs adhere to strict health and safety guidelines.