Volunteer Abroad | Student Bursaries
Welcome to Travel Teachers volunteer abroad bursary application! As an organisation we our consistently striving to make our programs more accessible to a range of demographics whilst remaining true to our values and principles and ensuring quality is at the forefront of everything that we deliver.
We are proud to be able to introduce our student bursary scheme, a process which will enable university undergraduates and college students to access financial support, and therefore helping to reduce some of that monetary barrier preventing your participation in meaningful travel overseas. We don’t want your monies to be the barrier keeping you from making a difference. Our bursary funding has been assigned for usage towards our program in Aitutaki, Cook Islands during the summer of 2018.
We are committed to making meaningful travel as accessible as possible to young people. So if you believe you are a great candidate to volunteer with us but think you will struggle to raise the funds necessary then you can apply for a grant of up to £500 from us! Bursaries are intended to help potential volunteers / meaningful travelers overcome financial barriers to access volunteering abroad opportunities with us.
How do I apply?
Anyone who is a current student in either further or higher education and wants to volunteer abroad in 2017/2018 can apply. Here's how:
- Fill out the application below
- Submit a short piece (300 words max) on what motivates you to volunteer abroad with Travel Teacher
Before completing your Bursary application, please see our website to check the full costs involved with a Travel Teacher volunteer expedition. Successful applicants will be selected based on their enthusiasm, and motives for wanting to volunteer abroad along with providing reasons why you should qualify for financial support.
Conditions of receiving a Travel Teacher Bursary:
- All applicants will be asked to provide proof of study e.g. student ID / Course acceptance letter / Student reference number
- Successful applicants will be asked to provide a short report and photos on completion of their program.
- Bursaries are awarded on the condition that all applicants complete our standard registration process (including registration payment) after receiving confirmation of a successful bursary application.
Upon completing Travel Teachers Bursary application you will receive notice via email to acknowledge that our administration team have received your information. Following this you will be contacted by our program coordinator to discuss the information that you have provided along with the next steps.