Volunteer in Fiji
From 2 to 6 week expeditions
Travel and teach in Fiji. Volunteer in a local school and make an impact in the village of Namatakula whilst fully immersing yourself in the lives and colorful culture of Fiji's friendly, welcoming people. Our program philosophy is to provide safe, meaningful and high quality volunteer travel. Our expedition in Fiji is packed full of cultural insight and adventure, whilst having impact and personal development at its core.
A Travel Teacher volunteer expedition is as focused on developing our very own participants as well as the schools and communities that we work with. Your experience will be rewarding, fulfilling and challenging. We apply a specific focus to developing your very own personal leadership skills such as your confidence, teamwork and intercultural communication.
- Airport welcome and 24/7 in country support provided by Travel Teacher expedition leaders
- All necessary project equipment and materials
- All necessary project training by experienced staff
- In-country Director, Fiji based local experts and UK team providing planning, risk management and 24-hour support
- Travel Teacher T-shirt
- Accredited Qualification - Award in Education and Training
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and full induction prior to your experience
- Organised evening Fijian activities including kava ceremonies and lovo (traditional Fijian cooking)
- In country welcome meeting and location orientation
- Travel Teacher expedition leaders and Fijian guides living with you 24/7.
- Accommodation (Full board) including breakfast, lunch and dinner - Drinks included at meal times
- Airport Transfers
- Transportation throughout the duration of your experience
- Country expedition inclusive of fees and transport including rainforest treks, waterfall visits or island and snorkelling trips
- Travel Teacher Awards Celebration
- Travel Teacher Alumni membership
- The opportunity to become a Travel Teacher ambassador
What's not included?
- Personal travel insurance
Exceptional Life Experiences
Listen to Shannon Johnson, Travel Teacher alumni and learn how her experience in Fiji inspired her and made a difference to her personal development.
Our travel Fiji expedition will take you 'off the beaten track' and allow you to experience all that Fiji has to offer. Our expedition will compliment your project work, providing you with the opportunity to immerse yourself deep within the rich Fijian culture. You will engage with local people, learn new skills and broaden your own horizons. This is an optional part of our program but we recommend it not to be missed!
Dates & Fees
2 Week Expedition dates
24th July 2018 - 07th August 2018(£1105)
08th August 2018 - 22nd August 2018 (£1105)
4 Week Expedition Dates
24th July 2018 - 22nd August 2018 (£1725)
- Places are limited to 25 persons at any particular point
A low £50 deposit secures your place in on the expedition, provides you with personal support from our team and allows full access to our pre-departure preparation.
Your deposit fee is subtracted from the overall expedition fee and is non refundable. Upon receipt of your registration fee, included within your confirmation will be a mandatory payment schedule, providing you with a simple payment plan. You are of course able to pay all fees up front should you choose to.
Flights and Insurance
We are focused on ensuring that our volunteers have access to a high quality support network leading up to and throughout your experience with us. One of the major expenses of any trip abroad is usually the airfare, both in terms of money and energy in order to find the best deal!
Travel Teacher has partnered with STA Travel to provide travel arrangements for volunteers heading to projects around the world. STA Travel are experts in travel and know the best options for getting you to and from your projects and any travel in between. They can help get amazing rates for anyone but also have a special focus on student and youth discounted fares too. Want to find your flights or need some extra advice on things like insurance or putting the whole trip together? Give a specialist consultant a call on 0333 321 3102 or email email@example.com.
For general information and application enquiries please complete and submit the form below.