Travel Teacher | Multi-Country Program
Travel Teachers multi-country program introduces you to the very best of the south pacific. Our combination option allows you, as a volunteer to make an invaluable contribution to our projects in both Fiji and The Cook Islands. This is a excellent opportunity to make the most out of your time abroad and visit two incredible destinations. As you create impact as a volunteer in both countries you will be working towards the shared objective in building a better future for the children, school's and local community. How to apply?
Volunteer Abroad | overview
Explore the south pacific to it fullest by traveling to not one but two countries! Experience 'Fiji time' as you mix with the locals and take in the rich culture. Enjoy the breath taking scenery of Aitutaki, Cook Islands and experience the worlds most stunning lagoon. Our projects are focused on initiatives within local communities, who have needs around education and improving educational facilities.
On this multi-country project you will be volunteering in two similar primary & secondary school environments primarily with young students, assisting them with their education and personal development. You will be working alongside local teachers, providing in class support, which may include, subject reinforcement, supporting small groups and or individuals and providing one to one teaching. Although often from challenging backgrounds, the young people who you will be working with possess an incredible appetite and desire to learn and your support will ensure their needs are met as you make a valuable contribution to not only them but also the school and the wider community as a whole. How will I make a difference?
Project life - Fiji
You will be based in the small village of Namatakula, which lies on Fiji's stunning coral coast. You will share your local accommodation with your fellow volunteers. This provides you with a fantastic opportunity to immerse yourself deep within the local culture which will provide an experience of a lifetime. You will volunteer from Monday to Friday for approx 4 hours per day. In the afternoon you will have the opportunity to 'explore Fiji' if you opt in to our local tours and visit. View itinerary.
Project life - Aitutaki, cook islands
Whilst staying on the magnificent island of Aitutaki you will be accommodated at a local guesthouse facility with your fellow volunteers. You will be assigned a small garden bungalow which you will share with 3 others. Each bungalow has a lounge area and full cooking facilities. You will spend your mornings from Mon - Fri in school, whilst in the afternoons you will get the opportunity to engage in our in-country itinerary. During your downtime you will get to explore your local surroundings.
- 24/7 in country support
- All necessary project equipment and materials
- All necessary project training by experienced staff
- Travel Teacher T-shirt
- Accredited Award in Education and Training
- Full induction prior to your experience
- In country welcome meeting and location orientation
- Accommodation (Full board in Fiji / Self Catered Aitutaki - you will contribute towards a food budget)
- Airport Transfers
- Transportation throughout the duration of your experience
- Full country expedition inclusive of fees and transport ( You may opt out of this by selecting the Travel Teacher Lite option)
- Travel Teacher Awards Celebration
- Travel Teacher Alumni membership
- The opportunity to become a Travel Teacher ambassador
Whats not included
- Return Flights
- Additional drinks and gratuities
- Extra local excursions
- International and domestic airport taxes
- Medical and travel insurance
- Personal kit
- Visa cost (if applicable)
Dates and fees
Upon receipt of your registration fee, included within your confirmation will be a mandatory payment schedule, providing you with a simple payment plan. You are of course able to pay all fees up front should you choose to. The total cost of your trip must be paid 60 days prior to departure, as per our terms of service.
- Low deposit fee (£50) - To be paid upon completion of application
- Remainder of registration fee (£200) - To be paid 90 days after application
- 25% of remaining balance - To be paid 150 days prior to project start date
- 50% of remaining balance - To be paid 120 days prior to project start date
- 75% of remaining balance - To be paid 90 days prior to project start date
- Final remaining balance - To be paid 60 days prior to project start date
Fundraising Option - Once you have raised your fundraising target (£50) you are able to allocate any extra money received to cover the cost of your Flight and Volunteer fees. (Please note, this does not include your discovery experience)
Self Funded Option - Fund your own trip and donate 100% of your fundraising to the charity.
Travel Teacher have partnered with STA Travel - The world's largest youth travel company to provide our volunteers with a personalised access to a safe, cheap and hassle-free travel booking experience.
To get a quote for your flights, travel insurance and anything else, please submit your enquiry to email@example.com or contact our dedicated team direct on (0)333 321 3102