Travel Teacher | Volunteer in The Maldives
Join Travel Teacher in the tropical nation and embark on a journey beyond the 5 star resorts to the breathtakingly remote islands of The Maldives. Experience local culture at its best whilst supporting our education and community development projects. In Partnership with Secret Paradise Maldives and Sunshade Volunteers our meaningful travel expedition in The Maldives provides you with an opportunity to assist local non government organisations with a variety of community initiatives.
Because of the remote location of the islands there is a lack of human resources to move forward with a variety of community initiatives. You will work with local people in promoting and advancing the interests of the rural communities to attain basic needs and to create a solid foundation for sustainable development. Your participation in this unique opportunity will assist with poverty alleviation in the community by promoting equity and equality.
- Enjoy the laid back island culture
- Assist with a variety of community development projects related to education, environmental & marine conservation, sustainable tourism and more!
- Integrated expedition itinerary alowing you to see the best of The Maldives
- Travel to uninhabited islands for a picnics and snorkel excursions
- Community engagement - play sports with the locals
- Dolphin watching
- Relax on the pristine beaches
- Airport welcome and 24/7 in country support provided by Travel Teacher expedition leaders
- All necessary project equipment and materials
- All necessary project training by experienced staff
- In-country Director, Maldives based local experts and UK team providing planning, risk management and 24-hour support
- Travel Teacher T-shirt
- Accredited Qualification - Award in Education and Training
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and full induction prior to your experience
- Organised evening activities including a cultural night
- In country welcome meeting and location orientation by our local experts
- Travel Teacher expedition leaders and Maldivian guides living with you 24/7.
- Home stay accommodation (Half board) including breakfast and dinner - provided by the local cafe
- Domestic flight to the island
- Airport Transfers
- Transportation throughout the duration of your experience
- Country expedition inclusive of fees and transport including snorkeling, dolphin watching, uninhibited island visits.
- Travel Teacher Awards Celebration
- Travel Teacher Alumni membership
- The opportunity to become a Travel Teacher ambassador
What's not included?
- International flights
- Personal travel insurance
Welcome to natures sunken garden - The Maldives. During your expedition you will get to sample the true, authentic Maldivian culture, accessing many places that traditional tourists do not get to see. Embedded as a core part of our program and alongside your volunteering schedule, you will get the opportunity to fully immerse yourself in a range of activities which will provide unforgetable moments and lifelong memories.
Dates & Fees
1 Week Expedition dates
01st April 2018 - 08th April 2018 (£905)
24th June 2018 - 01st July 2018 (£905)
25th August - 01st September 2018 (£905)
2 Week Expedition dates
01st April 2018 - 15th April 2018 (£1040)
24th June 2018 - 08th July 2018 (£1040)
25th August - 08th September 2018 (£1040)
A low £50 deposit secures your place in on the expedition, provides you with personal support from our team and allows full access to our pre-departure preparation.
Your deposit fee is subtracted from the overall expedition fee and is non refundable. Upon receipt of your registration fee, included within your confirmation will be a mandatory payment schedule, providing you with a simple payment plan. You are of course able to pay all fees up front should you choose to.